Thursday, June 3, 2010

Raspberries

Now that I have three little boys to look after (and for whom I need to fill the fridge every few days) grocery shopping is not as simple as it used to be.  


Personally, I love doing my groceries online.  My local green-grocer delivers for the price of a coffee and gingerbread man, and they always choose better fruit and vegetables than I would pick in their store.  Every now and then, however, I love to walk through their shop and do my own shopping and today was one of those days.


Boy am I glad I did!  They had the most gorgeous raspberries on special and I immediately thought of one of my favourite recipes: Nigella's Chocolate Pavlova.  It's one of the easiest and most delicious desserts I can make.  Just take a look at it!



I love all of Nigella's desserts.  They're exactly what they should be: rich and comforting.  You can find the recipe on her website here.  It's easy enough to make for the family but delicious and attractive enough to make when entertaining.  The choice is yours.

Now, I must clear something up.  When I started this blog I intended to write about my journeys as a wife and mother: all the things we do each day and places we go.  A sort of memoir, I guess, for my children to read one day.  Obviously food would be a part of it, but I didn't intend to post two blogs back-to-back about food.  Obviously I'm a hungry, breastfeeding mum who just can't get food off her mind.

Come to think of it, my next post should be about exercise.  Or perhaps some lite recipes.  Yeah.  That's what I'll do.  In the meantime, however, it's off to the kitchen to separate some eggs, whip the cream, grate some chocolate...

1 comment:

  1. I just made a chocolate Pav last night, it was my first ever and just quietly, Im hooked!!

    ReplyDelete