Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nikki's Chicken Soup

The last week's journey has taken us through the world of tummy bugs.  My pet hate!  


Thank goodness for Nikki's chicken soup.  We've all been surviving on toast, rice, ice blocks and jelly so it was a special treat for us all tonight to enjoy this dish.  Here is the recipe if you want to try it too.  I must admit that I've tweaked it a little (sorry Nikki) but it's still good and very close to the original.






INGREDIENTS:
6 corn-fed chicken thigh fillets
Half a bunch of celery (including some of the leafy bits), sliced as thinly as possible
3 medium carrots, grated
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 packets Continental chicken noodle soup
Large pinch of salt
1/2 a cup of rice


METHOD:
Fill a large saucepan with 6L of cold water.  Add the chicken and bring to the boil.  Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.  Take the chicken out with tongs and roughly chop.  Return the chicken to the water along with all the other ingredients and stir well to mix.  Bring the soup to the boil again, then reduce the head and simmer for another 10 minutes.  And, as Nikki says, "Your soup is ready!"


The best bit about this soup is that the quantity is huge and it's suitable to freeze.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mira - thanks for the receipe - can't wait to see some more. Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne. Just added another one. I hope you like chocolate and raspberries and cream. All together. Just a shame my Jeremy can't eat it : (

    Thanks for the inspiration. I'm enjoying my new blog as much as I enjoy reading yours and others. Now I'm working on making it look good too. Mira x

    ReplyDelete